German poet, novelist and dramatist, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832) said, “Great endowments often announce themselves in youth in the form of singularity and awkwardness.”
The term - Rebuilding - is usually used to refer to a constructive process of engaging all citizens in building social cohesion, economic prosperity and political stability in an inclusive and democratic way. As a passionate young Liberian, it is my delight desire to call to the attention of the Young People of Liberia the abovementioned titled: ‘What Can Young People Do To Be Seen In The Rebuilding Of Liberia.’ Among the hundreds of brilliant suggestion and solution, I’m going to address just few including:
- Trust: It starts from the family; and trust must be build and developed within the family so that members will learn to trust other people Young. LIB folks must learn to trust one another. Liberia will move forward, immediately when youth have the confidence to believe in the idea and work of one another.
- Community Initiatives: Group of young people who interact and share certain things as a group can achieve a lot. It’s a ‘Wake Up call,’ effortlessly contributing to making the environment clean, promoting Sex after marriage, initiating community radio talk show, empowerment forums, workshops and many more…. The essence of community initiatives is to help Liberia youth to Develop emotional bonds, Intellectual pathways, Enhanced linguistic abilities and Higher capacity for critical thinking.
- Promote the Liberian culture: Culture is a way of life, It has a powerful effect on a person’s daily life, It shapes us but we also shape culture. Who told us that Liberia doesn’t have a culture? We have a unique culture, it is very attractive and beautiful! It is the obligation of all Liberian youth to: learned, transmitted, shared, patterned and integrated the culture of Liberia. Stop asking ‘when’ and ask ‘why’ and lets go to work to rebuild Liberia! If culture is adaptive, we must adapt ours.
- Endorse the values Liberia: We are promoters! If you can promote it you can live it! The values of Liberia are abstract and shared ideas about what is desirable, good, and correct. If Liberian youth can commence the promotion of our Beliefs, Values, Norms, Mores, Laws, the challenge of ‘Rebuilding’ is hopeful!
· We should always look up to the elderly to be in position to start from where they will stop. They help in ensuring that the rights of the people are respected by advocating for them to the people in charge.
· "Youth are not only the leaders of tomorrow, but also the partners of today. ’’ As scholars have stated, "time is not evaluated by what has been harvested, but what has been planted".
- Responsibility: It is time that Liberian youth must learn assume the responsibilities that will help move the nation forward. This can start at homes, in schools and in the community.
- Tolerance: Does charity works? YES! We as youth of Liberia must promote the idea of acceptance. We should be taught how to accept individual differences and encourage others in the process.
- Crime And Crime Prevention: Microsoft ® Encarta ® 2009, wrote, “1956, a major crime is committed every 11.3 seconds in the United States.” That’s about 54 years now. Liberia is not exceptional to an increase. To help rebuild Liberia, young folks must contribute to crime and crime prevention by obeying rules and regulations and promoting national youth policies and creating approaches that can help deviant behaviors.
· In previous times Liberian youth didn't possess the physical strength to be effective soldiers; this was what I realized lately. I read recently that, “World has 6.66 billion population among which 27% constitutes youth) are residing mostly in many-an-old age homes, orphanages, homes for the destitute, juvenile homes, individual families, and jails.” If young people want to be seen in the rebuilding of Liberia, we must take necessary steps and find new methods or revive old methods to avoid the above problems.
· I agreed with my comrade, Srikanth Chintakindi when he wrote, “Youth in order to make his/her country developed, has to sacrifice not only their lives by protecting their country at the borders but also has to protect from internal threats, and make the society a healthy place to live. It is possible only, if the youth realize to stay healthy by sacrificing selfishness, laziness, evilness etc., and by thinking dedicatedly for the growth of nation.”