Friday, October 2, 2009

Optimism Constantly Triumph


“What generates passion and zeal in you is a clue to revealing your destiny. What you love is a clue to something you contain.”


Mike Murdock

At the end of a three days workshop with some youth on the Buduburam Refugee Camp, my good friend, Augustine D. N. Sackie Jr, strike a funny but inspired joke. Augus-tigo said, “Two men lived in a city where food was in short supply. One had a big banana to eat. After eating, wait for his pitiful death. The other was deeply in need for just a helpful substance to eat as he gathers strength to keep living.” So fascinated in his joke, “With the motive of departing this life, the first man ate the last healthy banana and dropped the peal to the earth. So in need and packed with regrets for his life, the next man came and found the peal, hurriedly snatch it from the ground, as he hungrily ate the disbursed banana’s pealonly to secure his life. In astonishment, “Are you eating that peal which has no use to me?” Said the first man who threw away the peal, “I think I have reasons to live!” Augustine’s comic story ended.









What you see as nothing is another person’s solution to formulate a life. You are a solution. Optimism is another art of shaping and motivating our confidence. Helen Keller said, “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”

I believe that one of the rewards of optimism is to have confidence. Confidence that can give you the drive to wanting to do something in life. What if the man who ate the banana peal had no interest to keep living too? They could both be lost foreverdead!


The preparation to make proper use of the opportunity which flash our way can reveal the attitude and passion within us. W. Clement Stone said, “There is little difference in people, but the little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.”

It doesn’t pay to get discouraged and unenthusiastic. Although controlling all that happens to us might be possible, but, there is no excuse not to control what happen within us. I have found out that great men have a unique way of thinking. Their taught are not limited to their present circumstances. You have the choice to become an optimist or a pessimist. Become a person full of love, zeal and passion that can make others happy and successful.


Alice Potter can never regret saying, “I am optimistic and confident in all that I do. I affirm only the best for my self and others. I am the creator of my life and my world. I meet daily challenges gracefully and with complete confidence. I fill my mind with positive, nurturing, and healing thoughts.” Remember what Winston Churchill stated, “An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity, a pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.”



Thanks for reading and starting the journing to become a Optimist.


Joeforlove

No comments:

Contributors